Let's make a discovery.
Developing a brand goes beyond creating a logo.
The journey toward a successful brand involves a lot more – think of it as a quest to understand who you are, who your competitors are and how you set yourself apart. The journey is called brand discovery.
Just like a map will guide you to a destination, the brand discovery process will help provide direction for your company and your brand. It will help uncover what makes you special, why customers should come to you. The discovery process will limit those side trips into parts unknown that can waste time and money or get you sidetracked.
Your destination is to develop a strong brand – and the marketing strategies, such as a logo, a website and other marketing initiatives that go along with it. Developing that brand will help your employees get on board with your company goals and will help drive your business to success.
Here are seven questions that you'll want to explore as you start the journey toward brand discovery:
- What are the immediate goals for your business?
- Who is your target market?
- What challenges are standing in your way for business growth?
- Where have you had success in acquiring new business?
- Who is your competition and what sets you apart?
- When people experience your brand, what do you want them to feel?
- When customers describe your business to friends and family, what do you want them to say about you?
It's important to start your quest to brand discovery on the right track. Even if you have a marketing staff, it can be helpful to enlist an outside guide to help you on your journey. A outside agency will bring an impartial, objective and more candid look at your business. Too often, companies will hesitate to invest in this important discovery or think their first step should be to develop a logo or a website. But if you lack direction, you can end up spending unnecessary time and resources backtracking.
Here's how Sonder can point you in the right direction for your brand discovery journey.